Biometrics Improve Accuracy of Patient Identification
ARGO employs biometric technologies through devices such as palm vein and iris scanners. By combining biometrics with best-in-class matching, ARGO provides health organizations with a complete solution that encompasses all patients and all workflows—from young to old and from scheduling to registration.
Combining with Probabilistic Matching to Overcome Challenges
While biometrics offer benefits in properly identifying patients, some workflows and patient types are not suited for this method of identification. Probabilistic matching, combined with biometrics, helps overcome challenges with:
- Data Exchange—Matching data from external sources for a complete medical record when the biometric identifiers are not available for matching
- Historical Data—Assigning biometric identifiers to existing records, including potential duplicates, to newly registering patients
- Remote Patients—Capturing biometric identifiers directly from a patient is not possible when scheduling remotely or when a patient is nonresponsive or uncooperative
- Device Limitations—Identifying the very young, the elderly, and specific races may be challenging as each type of device has limitations
- Patient Acceptance—Recognizing that patients may refuse to be scanned, especially in the case of fingerprints, which have law enforcement connotations
ARGO’s EMPI matching technology helps organizations overcome these weaknesses with a complete solution that works for all patients in all environments all the time.